Ft. Lauderdale, FL
The Reinsurance Assistant is responsible for the overall administration of the contract development, execution and implementation processes in support of reinsurance and PEO internal customers, captive managers, and reinsurance clients. Specific and general reinsurance assistant duties include: driving of contract execution through multiple levels of approvals, tracking changes and contract versions, managing reinsurance cession monitoring and working with MGA to update improperly ceded policies, managing letters of credit and background checks, being a thought leader on workflow improvements and efficiencies, and other ad-hoc duties as needed.
- Administration of reinsurance contract development process and approvals including translation of discussed terms into agreement language.
- Research existing agreements and provide senior leadership with timely, meaningful, and relevant information.
- Maintain all relevant information for letters of credit including documentation, communication with banks and available balances.
- Enter parameters from executed agreements into policy system reinsurance module.
- Use policy system to ensure accurate policy attachments to reinsurance contracts.
- Analyze reinsurance cessions to ensure adherence to individual captive underwriting guidelines.
- Run and report results of background checks as necessary.
- Organize and modify existing program files to maintain completeness, adding new files when necessary.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of department document library using SharePoint.
- Provide support in the preparation and interpretation of presentation materials for management.
- Offer workflow improvements and provide ad hoc reporting.
- Assist the Senior Vice President of Operations and Reinsurance as necessary. Other duties as assigned by SVP of Operations and Reinsurance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have high level of comfort with legal contracts and the ability to complete updates using provided information.
- Excellent research skills and ability to clearly express and summarize various contract terms.
- High level of comfort presenting to and working with senior leadership.
- Some analysis experience, using Excel, preferably in the insurance industry.
- Must demonstrate a certain degree of creativity and latitude.
- Self-starter comfortable working individually and as part of a larger team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Demonstrates high level of professionalism and maintains confidentiality.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities and accepts accountability.
- Significant attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality and efficiency.
- Consistently at work and on time.
- Open to direction; responds to management instructions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals or meet deadlines
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience working with contracts, or with business analysis; insurance and/or legal background preferred.
Computer Skills: Individual should have a reasonable proficiency in all Microsoft applications such as Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None